Welcome to the YPPedia!
Currently there are a few things not working on the wiki, but they should be fixed soon. Please see the known bugs page for more information or to note additional bugs.
Have fun and thanks for reading & adding to the YPPedia!
General tips & advice
- Stay calm! Don't be upset if someone else edits something you wrote. Often folks notice the article on the Recent Changes page and add or correct bits they notice. This is a collaborative project and people are just trying to help you out. If you need to talk about things for a particular article, use the discussion/talk page (each article has their own).
- When you make changes to a section of any article, work from the current version of the article rather than pasting in an older version. That way you avoid undoing the linkage, spelling, and grammar bits that contributors have helped fix. Not everyone is a wiki writing expert, but everyone can try to work with the material in a collaborative manner so that their information/spelling/linking/grammar booches can be covered by the skills and knowledge of others.
Searching the YPPedia
To search general articles, simply type the keywords you are searching for in the "search" box on the left side of this page (just underneath the Puzzle Pirates logo), then press one of the buttons underneath the search box to view the results.
Keep in mind that this quick search only searches main articles in the YPPedia. If you do not find what you are looking for, a more advanced search can be done at the very bottom of the search results page. Type the keyword you are searching for, and check the check boxes next to the areas (known as namespaces) you wish to search. A "check all" box is also provided in the event that the areas which you wish to search include more namespaces than exceptions.
The idea links pages contain links to forum discussions on commonly discussed ideas.
Using other search tools
Google also has most of the YPPedia indexed, and can be a far better search tool than the built-in YPPedia search. In Google's keyword search box, using the term site:yppedia.puzzlepirates.com will restrict the results which Google returns to be only from the YPPedia website. Similarly, using site:forums.puzzlepirates.com will restrict results to be from the Puzzle Pirates forums.
Other players have also created additional searching tools, a list of them can be found on the Search plug-ins page.
Areas of YPPedia needing attention
- Improve the Community Portal
- Maintenance of The List and The Anti-list
- Work on wanted pages
- Add to stubs (short articles)
- Expand Economy, Flag, Ocean, Pillaging, and Puzzle information
- Add to the biographies of pirates
- Expand upon help documentation for Yohoho Tools
- Expand the help pages for folks learning how to wiki
- Expand upon and create more event articles
- There are also always various articles needing work and the YPPedia wishlist
There are some pages which were migrated from the unofficial wiki, Yohoho Wikicities. These will have a list of previous contributors on their discussion pages because it was part of the migration process. You do not need to add your name to the list because your name & specifics of your edit will be automatically noted on the article's history page.