Attraction buildings are nearly identical to regular infrastructure buildings: they change ownership along with an island's governance and they do not count against an island's building limit on medium islands. There are however a few differences:
- Attraction buildings typically have a higher tax rate than standard buildings, and decay a week after failing to have their taxes paid. An explorers' hall has a base tax of 5,000 PoE.
- A limited number of attractions can be built on a given island: 1 on medium islands and 2 on large islands. Outpost islands cannot build attractions.
- Only one of any type of attraction can be built on an island at a time.
- Each attraction building has a different effect when it is built. Flags that build an explorers' hall on their island can look forward to an influx of patron and explorer reputation every time a pirate uses their building to snag a new expedition chart.
An island needs only a completed fort to begin construction of an explorers' hall.
Available from its well-appointed foyer are a number of expedition charts that pirates can use to guide their vessel to one of two types of adventures: Raids upon the encroaching Imperial outposts, and defending the island village against Vikings. Additionally Brigand King compasses may be bought.
An explorers' hall has no hold.
Rooms and furnishings
|Explorers' hall Building|
- The rent was reduced further to 5,000 pieces of eight on release 2014-02-05.
- The rent was halved from 30,000 pieces of eight to 15,000 on release 2011-03-22.
- Explorers' halls were released on production oceans on release 2009-11-18.
- Explorers' halls were first released on the Ice Ocean on 2009-11-11.